10 ways to wear ankle boots
The best part about decking up in winter-wear has got to be a fabulous pair of boots. One such boot is the ankle boot. These booties are an asset to any wardrobe and are a great solution for ladies living in cities like Mumbai where it’s ridiculous to wear high boots in the barely-there-winter. Get your hands on a pair or few as we give you styling tips on different ways to wear ankle boots. Get ready to nail some serious winter style.
1. Wear a spunky pair of wedge heeled or chunky heeled ankle boots with your fave pair of skinnies or trusty leggings to add a dash of chic to your daily dressing. Tucked in or out- cute booties can really posh up a simple ensemble.
2. Layering is a good way to always look trendy, especially in the cold weather. A cool and unexpected way to achieve a nice layered style can be with socks on top of your leggings peeping out above a cool pair of laced-up booties.
3. Another trendy way to amp up your everyday style is by rolling or cuffing your denims just to the top of your ankle boots. You’ll be surprised how skinny it will make you look.
4. Pairing your dress with ankle boots is a super way to take it up a notch. Make sure your dress ends much above the knee to make your legs look slender and long. A tip to remember is the higher the boots, the shorter the hemline.
5. Jazz up your classic LBD with a metallic pair of stiletto booties or ankle boots in a bright red or pink to bring some edge to your party wardrobe.
6. When rolling your jeans, you can also experiment with folding them a little higher then usual so there is a small gap between the boots and your skinnies, enough to expose a bit of your ankle. This can transform your whole outfit while highlighting the skinny area of your ankles.
7. Ankle boots can be worn with shorts as well for a chic, new style. Wear stiletto booties with a cute pair of shorts to add a glam twist to it for a night on the town. For a more dressed down look, pair your shorts with flat ankle boots, giving you a very cowgirl feel.
8. Sport high-top ankle boots with slim-cut trousers, a sophisticated blouse a skinny belt and a blazer to really take your office style up a few notches.
9. Look anything but boring by styling a girly skirt with spunky pair of booties and a leather jacket for some rocker-chic glam.
10. Believe it or not but the chunkiness of an ankle boot compliment the femininity of a flowy maxi skirt amazingly. Pick a semi-sheer maxi so you can flaunt your boots through it while staying warm at the same time.