The Nathni is “In” Again – 3 Types You Can Choose From
It is time to dig into your mother’s and grandmother’s jewellery collection hunting for their amazing nose pins. Yes, the ones you used to run away from! But guess what, you can’t escape no where, it’s the new in thing and you will most likely be tempted to wear it. Bollywood celebs are loving the nathni addition to their look and we are totally awestruck by this contemporary take on nose rings.
Check out three types of this classic traditional jewellery must-have.
Sonam Kapoor, Vidya Balan and Preity Zinta have been spotted wearing the classic nath as a part of their jewellery. While Sonam’s look is contemporary, Vidya’s and Preity’s looks have an overall ethnic appeal.
Get your fix of traditional nose ring with gold, kundan, diamonds and pearls.
Nathni with Chain
A classic example of a nathni is the one that has a chain that connects to your hairdo. Seen in Bollywood movies, this was termed as the bride’s absolute jewellery essential. However, as a contemporary fashionista you don’t have to get married to try this on. Wear it with your regular wedding sari or lehenga.
Whether you get the bold runway look of nathni with chain or opt for the classic gold and diamond styles, you are sure to stand out in the crowd.
This is a kind of nose ring native to Maharastrians. While celebrities have worn this on several occasions we believe it is ideal for a ethnic look with a navari sari. Choose from clip-on and regular Maharashtrian nathnis made of pearls and precious stones.
Choosing Your Nathni
- The nath goes best with a sari or lehenga-choli. However, if you are wearing an anarkali gown or a heavy designer anarkali dress you may try a small kundan or diamond ring with it.
- Going for a traditional maharashtrian wedding? Make sure to try a pearl studded nose ring to wear with your navari sari. It will complete the whole look.
- While maang-tika and other head jewellery look great on celebs with nose ring, try to stick to minimal jewellery pieces for your look as it may be too overdressed. Keep this in mind especially for large naths with a chain.
- Opt for bright lipstick to complement the nathni.
- Finally, wear your smile to best carry off the fashionable nose ring!
Would you like to wear these lovely pieces as part of your wedding attire?
Did you love this post? Sign up now to get all our latest stories delivered straight to your inbox!