Agony Bro: 20 Ways You’re Unknowingly Getting Brownie Points With The Guys
It’s Women’s Day week, and being the classy cat that I am, I’ve got a bunch of goodies to let you in on . Today we’re going to give you the score on what you’re subconsciously doing right. That friend of yours who has been making advances without a warrant, you’re probably leading him on without knowing! Look below, answers will be found.
1) Take a joke: Keep those sentimental claws away. If you can shrug off some harmless banter with confidence, that shows us that you aren’t taking yourself too seriously.
2) Make a joke: If you want to up the stakes, take a dig at us. Quick wit leads to a quicker attraction.
3) Hold your drink: You don’t have to out-drink us or even keep pace, just don’t turn into a ball of emotions or a regurgitation machine on those heavy nights. Genetically at least we know our children will be blessed with a great liver.
4) Be Goofy/Weird: If you can act like a clown, you’re comfortable around us which in turn makes us comfortable around you. An encore of that Daffy Duck impersonation would be nice.
5) TV show addiction: I’m talking House of Cards, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad etc. NOT Gossip Girl and Desperate Housewives, something which we can have a conversation about later, guaranteed attention increase.
6) Call us out: IF you can smell the B.S, call us out. It might sting the ego a tad but you’ll get massive street cred.
7) If you can eat: A good appetite is always good company, as long as you don’t eat more than us you’re OK. Girls who eat like they’re pigeons make us uneasy. True story.
8) Music taste: If you know your music, like actually know your music and not just head bob to the beat, you’re a keeper. It’s way too sexy.
9) Nicknaming: We like nicknames, good ones obviously. It makes us feel more important than the other guys around.
10) Proper texting: OMG/BTW/TTYL/FML and other abbreviations along with the excessive emoticon usage makes our eyes hurt, seriously. Text normally and you’ll get a lot more traction with our replies.
11) Breaking into a jig: Dance! A few impromptu steps when they’re playing your favourite song on the radio go a long way, it’s very cute.
12) Conversing with the boys: We don’t mind bringing you out with the boys, but some of them are awkward kids. If you can keep our friends comfortable with simple conversations, we’ll notice and appreciate.
13) Dressing down: Causal jeans and a top sometimes look a lot better than that LBD. Keep it simple, some of us get intimidated and you’ll get labelled. High maint alert!
14) Working out: Fit girls > Skinny girls. End.Of.Story
15) Listening: Yes, we have problems to deal with too. If you can sense that we need a sound board and you selflessly volunteer, you get mega points.
16) A good driver: A girl who can rock a stick shift, kudos.
17) No make-up: You’ll might know this already, but no one seems to be paying attention! Don’t cake your face, it doesn’t look natural.
18) Bug-exterminator: Even though we might be as petrified as you, the fact that you called us in the room to help get rid of that freakishly mutated insect makes us feel very good about ourselves.
19) Casual PDA: Leaning your head on our shoulder, a stealthy kiss on the cheek or even a little hand holding gives us tingly butterflies. YEP, we get those as well.
20) Raid our cupboard: Doesn’t matter what’s in your closet, you look irresistibly adorable to us in our own clothes. Take that sweatshirt, take that tee, take those boxers, take it all.
Need some advice from the Agony Bro? Write in your love, life, and other queries at email@example.com . We’ll try and feature your story next, don’t worry it’ll be anonymous.
Don’t forget to tweet to us at @get_inonit.
Did you love this post? Sign up now to get all our latest stories delivered straight to your inbox!