Secret Uses Of Lemon REVEALED: Part 2
Summer’s over, and you’re probably ditching the lemonade in favour of steaming cups of tea in the rains. Thankfully, there are a million reasons to keep stocking lemon and here are the most beautiful. After reading about these six uses of lemon, you probably thought that the benefits of lemons were maxed out. But you were wrong!
The beauty benefits of lemon are vast, all thanks to its ingredients. Calcium, potassium, magnesium, Vitamin C, minerals and antioxidants—everything that you’d find in pills, bottles, boxes and tubes are in this little cheerful yellow fruit. So get started slicing and juicing your way to a prettier, healthier you.
1. Whiten your nails by scrubbing them against a cut open lemon.
2. Use cotton to apply lemon juice to your face as an overnight toner.
3. Put a few drops of honey on a half-cut lemon and rub it all over your face to treat blackheads and acne.
4. Drink up the juice of a lemon in a cup of water every morning for its weight loss, pH balance, anti-ageing, anti-acne, detox, fresh breath, de-stress, and immunity-boosting properties.
5. Moisturise your skin with a mask of a teaspoon of honey, the juice of one lemon and a few drops of olive oil, leave in for as long as you want (indoors) and rinse off. The hydroxyl acid in the lemon will heal and fix your dry skin.
6. Fight wrinkles with a mask of honey, lemon juice and almond oil.
7. Whiten your teeth (only once in a while) with a scrub of salt and lemon juice.
8. Treat darkened underarms by rubbing a lemon on the skin.
9. Soothe your dry scalp and banish dandruff by applying lemon to it.
Do remember that one of the reasons lemon works so wonderfully fast is that it is a strong acid. So use all of these in moderation (not more than a couple of times a week and don’t leave it on for too long either) and most certainly never out in the sun.
Images courtesy: Shine.yahoo.com, Redbookmag.com, Washingtonpost.com, Womansday.com, women-hub.com