Curly Hair Tips
Do you plan your outfits on how your hair behaves on that particular day? Do you get offended when someone says I like your hair straight? Do you get home after a windy day to find most of nature in your hair? Then you probably have a head full of curls. Here are a few tips to fellow curlies to help you love the curls you have.
1. Know Your Hair: There are different types of curly hair. No two curlies can have the same type of curls. Loose curls, tight curls, frizzy afro curls, some may even have two types of curls. You need to know which category you fall in before you learn to style your hair. CLICK HERE to know about types of curly hair.
2. STOP Straightening: The hardest part about being naturally curly is accepting your hair as it is. Once you can put down the straightening tools and products, you can embrace who you are and work to get the best possible curly version of you. Say “goodbye” to heat damage!
3. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize : Curly hair thrives best in moisture. It’s necessary to deep condition your hair at least once a week. Natural products like coconut oil, olive oil etc work best. Use anti frizz and anti humidity products for frizz free hair.
4. NO COMBS: Combing your hair especially when it’s dry is the worst thing ever! Get rid of tangles in the shower. Apply conditioner and run your fingers or a wide toothed comb through your hair to remove the tangles.
5. Styling: A simple cotton T-shirt works best to blot your hair. It helps in reducing frizz. Apply the leave-in-conditioner or styling mousse and scrunch your hair. You can always twist your hair around your fingers to give your curls some definition. If your hair tends to get flat near the crown area, dry the top of crown using a diffuser to add some volume. Avoid touching your hair when its dry. If you wash your hair in the night, apply leave-in conditioner to your damp hair. Braid your hair in sections and sleep on it. Wake up to some fabulous curls!
6. Sleep on a Satin Pillowcase: Second day hair is not something every curly girl can get, but one way to improve your odds is by sleeping on a satin pillowcase.
7. Get a Trim Often: Curly hair is more prone to breakage and split ends. Once you get in the habit of getting your hair trimmed on a regular basis, you will notice your hair looking healthier; something many curly girls strive for.
8. Find a Good Hairdresser: Finding a good hairdresser is a trial and error process. Know your hair and trust your instincts when getting a haircut. Never let the stylist experiment with your hair if you are not comfortable with it.
9. Always Keep a Scrunchie Handy: For all those unexpected rickshaw and train rides that will leave your hair feeling like a frizz ball.
10. When in Doubt, Start Over: The best part about styling curly hair is, if you ever go wrong or don’t like the way your hair looks, you just need to spray some water to dampen your hair. This will activate the product in your hair and with a few twists and turns of those locks you will be good to go again!
Love this article or have a question? Tweet to @curly_wurlygirl and @shopinonit
Image Courtesy : http://thevicto