3 Delicious Desserts To Get Flawless Skin (Yes, It’s True!)
The saying ‘You are what you eat’ may have stopped you from eating those decadent desserts. And while you are taking perfect care to get that flawless skin, some things are just unavoidable. When you talk of mouthwatering irresistible desserts, one bite is just not enough. So we have found some luscious dessert recipes that not only taste delicious, but also offer some skin-repairing properties. Go ahead, indulge!
1) Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles
This deliciously sneaky chocolate dessert contains a creamy green fruit that gives you plenty of beauty benefits. Avocado contains vitamin B5, which promotes healthy skin by reducing the production of oil and the size of pores.
Cooking time: 1 hour
1 ripe avocado
140g dark chocolate
2tbsp brown sugar
¼tsp vanilla extract
2½tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Mash the flesh of the avocado until smooth and lump-free.
2. Melt the chocolate and mix it with the mashed avocado, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt and 1½tbsp of cocoa powder until thoroughly combined.
3. Refrigerate the mixture for 30-40 minutes until partially set.
4. Use the small ice-cream scooper or your hands to form balls out of the truffles and roll in the remaining 1tbsp of cocoa powder.
2) Banana-Coconut-Peanut Butter Bonbons
A fat-free and mood-booster fruit, bananas are very healthy because of their serotonin and dopamine boosting properties. They also contain potassium, phosphorus, calcium that helps in soothing PMS symptoms, Vitamin B, Vitamin C and Vitamin A that act as skin optimisers.
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
1 medium banana
1tbsp shredded coconut (unsweetened)
2tbsp peanut butter
1. Peel a banana and cut in half.
2. Coat it with your favourite organic nut butter.
3. Roll the banana halves in shredded coconut.
4. Cut the banana halves in thick slices. Serve.
3) Mini Strawberry Cheesecake
Eat as much as you want without any guilt. This strawberry cheesecake is low in cholesterol and saturated fat. Being a good source of Vitamin C, it also protects against skin discolouration, improves skin texture and helps in production of collagen that helps to rejuvenate the skin and reduce wrinkles.
Cooking time: 3.5 hours
65g fat-free cream cheese
2tbsp light brown sugar
65g low-fat yoghurt
2tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
30g strawberry preserves, no sugar added
130g diced strawberries
40g whole almonds
4 dates, no sugar added
1. Add cream cheese, sugar, yoghurt and lemon juice in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer till it becomes smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate for 3 minutes.
2. Combine preserves and strawberries in a small bowl.
3. In a food processor, add almonds and pulse it. Add dates and pulse until combined.
4. Now, put the almond and date mixture in a serving bowl. Top it with the cheesecake and yoghurt batter, then add in the strawberry mixture. Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours before serving.
Didn’t you just love this post? Subscribe here!
Images courtesy: greatbodyskin.com, allthecooks.com, gluttenfreefix.com.