What’s Your Hair Problem? We Have The Solution
We know you love pampering yourself but save those expensive trips to the parlour every now and then and give those do-it-yourself hair treatments a shot. No, we won’t suggest fancy ingredients which will take you aeons to search for. Here’s a list of simple home remedies for common hair problems we all face.
Hairfall is a major concern for most people. We know how heartbreaking it is to see hair strands stuck in your comb; and let’s not even get to what happens when you spot a bald spot out of the blue!
1. Massage your hair with lukewarm coconut oil at least three times a week. Keep it on for six hours before you wash it off with shampoo.
2. Soak one cup of fenugreek or methi seeds in water overnight. The next morning, grind them to make a paste to apply on your hair. Keep it for 40 minutes before rinsing off with a shampoo.
They’re embarrassing, they’re annoying and the last thing you want when you’re dressed in a sexy little black dress is those glaring pesky white flakes on your shoulders.
1. Wet your hair and rub baking soda on your scalp. Ditch the shampoo and rinse your hair with only water. You can also add baking soda to your shampoo when you wash your hair.
2. Massage lemon juice on your scalp and wash your hair after 20 minutes. Repeat every day.
Problem: Frizzy hair
You would agree when we say that curly hair in humidity leaves you looking like Medusa! Curls are lovely, but fighting the frizz—now, that’s a task!
1. Apply a mixture of vinegar and water to your scalp. Massage for a while before washing it off with shampoo.
2. Apply egg yolk directly to your hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse it off properly with shampoo. Repeat two to three times a week.
Problem: Oily hair
We don’t know what’s worse—dry, frizzy hair or oily hair! Greasy hair comes from an oily scalp which makes your hair look unwashed even though you wash it everyday. Ugh.
1. Take a teabag and dissolve it in lukewarm water like you do for making tea. Pour it on your scalp and rinse properly with shampoo after 10 minutes.
2. Take aloe vera leaves and remove the serrated edges before slitting it apart to extract the gel. Apply the gel on your scalp and rinse it off after a few hours.
Problem: Limp hair
Is your lifeless and lacklustre hair not allowing you to do anything with it? You need to add volume to your hair, making it look thick and shiny.
1. Pop open a beer can and leave it open till it goes flat. Use it as a final rinse after shampooing.
2. Mix 2tbsp of castor oil with 1tbsp of coconut oil. Heat the mixture and apply it to your scalp. Rinse with shampoo after a few hours.
Problem: Premature greying
Hair greying when you’re of age is understandable, but spotting grey strands when you’re only in your 20s is just terrible. Some say it’s stress, others say its genetics—whatever the reason, you want that grey strand out.
1. Apply onion juice on your scalp and rinse after leaving it for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Grind dry amla pieces to get amla powder. Soak the powder in coconut oil and apply this mixture on your scalp.
Problem: Split ends
You might not realise it, but split ends can ruin the entire look of your hair. While they say a regular trim is necessary to get rid of split ends, home remedies are a sureshot way to keep them at bay.
1. Deseed and blend a half-ripe papaya. Add a cup of yoghurt to it and apply this mixture on your hair. Leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
2. Apply 4tbsp of honey on your split ends and leave for 20 minutes. Do this regularly.
Did you love this post? Subscribe here!
Images courtesy: med-health.net, landryspharmacy.com, informationng.com, huffingtonpost.com