8 Easy Fitness Tips As You Count Down to New Year’s Eve
It is less than one week from now; New Year’s Eve will be upon us. While you want to make sure you look your best, it comes with some dedication and will to achieve it. If you want to look a million bucks then you will have to work towards it. We bring to you 8 fitness tips to help you look fab.
1. Reduce your salt intake. Avoid putting extra salt in your foods and also you must avoid any items that have high content of salt or any processed foods like ketchup, canned foods etc. This is because salt retains the water in our body and makes you feel bloated, and that will make it very difficult to rock that bodycon.
2. Set a target. If you want to lose 1 kg per week, you need to burn at least 3500 calories. Hence, you must make some adjustments in your diet in order to achieve this goal.
3. Please, don’t skip meals. This is what everyone is very tempted to do when it comes to weight loss. Skipping meals does not mean you will lose calories, that’s a myth. It will only trigger your cravings and lead to you indulging them. The wise thing to follow is opting for small (but healthy) meals every 2 hours.
4. No carbs and excess oil. Avoid them as much as possible, stay light. Say no to any white products (breads, naans and the like) and fried foods (yes, put down that Samosa!), and dig on high fiber and protein food items.
5. Do cardio. Cardio helps in burning calories faster. If you are sick of running on the treadmill, try doing some fun outdoor activities or sports such as cycling, badminton, tennis, squash, skipping and so on. Also note that these activities burn more calories than being on a treadmill would, plus it’s a lot of fun!
6. Stay hydrated. The aim is to keep yourself hydrated throughout the day so, while you do make sure to follow it keep in mind that you need to sip water and not gulp it. Gulping water will make you feel bloated. The minimum intake of water should be 2 liters or 8 glasses of water per day.
7. Reduce/Avoid alcohol intake. Avoid hard drinks, especially cocktails as they can have a lot of added sugar. If you want to enjoy New Years Eve, you might as well save your cocktail intake for the good times!
8. Get good sleep. Sleeping well not only shows on your face but also on your body. A good night’s sleep will refresh and recharge your body and this shows on your skin too. This is a last minute remedy for puffy eyes or dark circles.
Follow these simple tips and we are positive that you will see the results. Look your best while you bring in the New Year.