Trend Alert: Fluted Hemlines
One of the latest fall silhouettes making a comeback is the fluted hem. Hemlines get a flirty little touch as the Paris runways were full of feminine and ladylike slightly fluted skirts and dresses. Designers like Celine, Lanvin, Phoebe Philo and Givenchy showcased this fun and playful silhouette on the fall 2013 runways.
This look is wearable for any occasion from office to night and is not just any cool OTT fashion trend, but is a flattering look for any kind of figure. Unlike the fishtail or peplum, figure-flattering fluted hem clothing are slim along the waist and hips, with a flared, ruffled hem hitting at the bottom. Think of it as a pencil skirt with a flounced hem.
It’s an uber feminine shape that has the ability to take your figure up a notch in sex appeal. The fluted hemline can be dressed up or dressed down and some of the most wearable trends can be combined with it. It’s time to push this feminine silhouette to the top of your wardrobe essentials list.
Now that you know of the fluted hem trend, we give you tips on how you can incorporate it into your style and wardrobe:
1. Women with long, lean figures can now rejoice as the sexy silhouette of the fluted hem adds shape and definition to your bottom.
2. You can also take the fit and flare curves to the Kim Kardashian level by adding a belt to your waist.
3. Pair fluted skirts in soft pastels with military inspired jackets and fiercely chic ankle boots for that much needed edge to your ensemble.
4. For a casual look that incorporates the fluted hem trend opt for a printed slightly fluted skirt paired with a solid color top. The classic style of the slightly fluted skirt will ensure you keep your look classy and sophisticated.
5. For a sultrier look, pair a high waist slightly fluted skirt with a crop top and sexy pumps and show off that toned tummy in the classiest way possible.
Take it up a notch with an asymmetrical hemline. Don’t you want to twirl around in this all day?
You are sure to look totally chic this season no matter how you decide to wear the versatile fluted hemlines trend.
Would you wear this trend? Let us know in the comments below or tweet to us at @get_inonit.