How to Get Rid of Dark Circles
What’s a worse feeling than having a bad hair day or not fitting into that little black dress because of all that vacation fat? Waking up in the morning and having your puffy-eyed reflection stare back at you with vengeance through the mirror. That, dearies, is something we all face in today’s helter-skelter life. Those dark shadows under your eyelids are the cause of a lifestyle you lead and most definitely need to change. We give you simple yet effect ways on how to get rid of dark circles, so you can eventually stare back at that reflection with a self-victorious smirk.
1. Get a good night’s rest. The benefits of it are endless, and often underestimated. Have a constant sleeping pattern and stick to the routine. Caution: Note that sleeping very long hours is not a solution to reducing those shadows. Your eyes, in fact end up looking swelled-up when you oversleep.
2. You are what you eat. And you don’t want lousy, stale-looking fatty cheeseburger-ed eyes! Include fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables and lots of fluids in your daily diet. Research shows that foods containing omega-3 fatty acids such as walnuts help improve the blood flow to the skin. Make healthy eating a permanent way of living.
3. Get your allergies checked. Oftentimes, we ignore that we might be allergic to certain kinds of foods or materials surrounding us in daily life. Allergies cause discolouration under the eyes. Make sure to consult a dermatologist if your dark circles refuse to disappear.
4. Wear sunscreen daily. A sunscreen with a good amount of SPF will protect your skin from harmful UV rays and avoid skin darkening. Wear it without fail every morning before heading out.
5. Don’t cry, unless you think blood-shot puffy eyes bring out your features and gregarious personality.
6. Don’t stress. Everyone has problems. Accept that. Look at the world as your oyster (through those glinting eyes) and you will instantly see a brighter, better life ahead of you.
7. Quit smoking. That is of course if you don’t want to look 15 years older with sunken face! Smoking makes your blood vessels more prominent besides many other hazardous effects. If you enter a cinema hall before the feature film starts in Mumbai, you will know what effects we are talking about. Or would you rather we add that video here?
Home Remedies That You Can Try
The most common and effective way to rid away dark circles is by placing cool slices of cucumber over your eyes for about 15 minutes. Cucumber acts as an astringent for your skin, soothing it down and making you feel refreshed.
They have bleaching properties that help in skin lightening. Cool them, grate them and extract the juice. Dip a cotton ball and place it on your eyes, covering the eye lids and the under eyes for about 15 minutes. Rinse your eyes with cool water and repeat the process daily for a few weeks.
Almonds are great natural ingredients for skin-lightening. Make a paste of almonds and milk and apply on the dark areas of your eyes and leave it on for 10 minutes. Wash it off gently with water.
Wrap a thin, soft cloth around chilled tea bags and place it on your eyes. Tea bags contain tannin that helps to reduce puffiness and discolouration. Lie down and relax, and let the cool tea bags do their magic.
Share your feedback with us by tweeting to @get_inonit and @snehasaysso.