Love The Gypsy Style? Here’s How You Can Get It In Your Wardrobe
The free-spirited way of living of gypsies have been the envy of many. Who wouldn’t want to live a carefree life, travelling around the world in a caravan? Their attitude is all about celebrating life and it translates into their fashion, which features long, flowing silhouette patterns, glimmer and bright colours. Here are 10 essentials that will help you incorporate the gypsy look in your wardrobe. 1. Long Skirt Gypsies prefer loose-fitting garments. Choose a maxi skirt in bold prints, bright colours and different cuts.
2. Feminine Tops Step away from the usual peasant tops and opt for something trendy like a crop or a crochet top.
3. Headgear Gypsies often tie scarves around their heads. However, there are so many other options to choose from such as a turban band, a floral bandana or even a piece of metallic necklace that can be attached to your hair like an accessory.
4. Scarves No gypsy look can be complete without a scarf. Opt for vibrant prints or tie a scarf around your waist to give your look a more boho feel.
5. Boots Boots are sexy and add glamour to the gypsy style. However, if like us, you live in a warm city and would look funny sweating it out in boots, you can opt for sandals with some glitter or metal work on them.
6. Belts From chunky to studded, belts are a necessity for a gypsy look. Wear two thin belts together to make the style your own.
7. Lots Of Chunky Jewellery Gypsy style is all about accessories. Here, you have the freedom of layering chunky accessories and mixing things up, trying different textures and colours. They don’t even have to match.
8. Maxi Dresses On a hot day, a maxi dress is way more convenient than a two-piece. Add a few accessories and a scarf and your mystic attire is ready.
9. Vests Add a trendy touch and combine all the other elements of the outfit together with a colourful and feminine vest. You can even try an ethnic print.
10. Jhola Bag A bag is the ultimate essential for your travelling nomad look to be complete. Where else are you going to store your crystal ball? Try bags with ebellishments and embroidered prints to ‘gypsify’ your ensemble.