How To Layer Stylishly
With the chill in the air, it’s the best time to perfect the art of layering. It adds depth to your wardrobe, keeps you warm, helps you re-invent so many items in your closet and helps you create the ultimate fashion statement. We give you some tips to make the most of your wardrobe and create some killer layered outfits that show off your unique sense of style.
- Wear a blazer over a vest on top of a tank. You can play safe with neutral colours or try bright contrasting colours.
- Just because it’s cold outside, doesn’t mean you can’t bring out those shorts and cute little dresses. Wear them over a warm pair of tights. Printed or lace tights add a cool touch.
- Sheer tights can also come in handy when you’re set on wearing that short dress with those open-toed shoes.
- Wear the thinnest item as the innermost layer, and the thickest on top.
- Experiment with cuts and styles. Try to ensure that no two layers are the same style, so that each of them are clearly visible.
- As a rule of thumb, try to stick to a maximum of 3 layers to not only avoid looking bulky but also to not break out into hot flushes through the day.
- Scarves are a great accessory to use while layering. Bright colours and prints will add fun pops of colour to your ensemble.
- You don’t need to push those bright tank tops to the back of your wardrobe till summer comes around. They’re great to wear under belted cardigans, blouses and blazers. You can even layer two tank tops in different colours for a bright look.
- If you’re wearing a long cardigan, wear a belt over it and thrown on a sequinned scarf to enhance your look.
- You can use loads of items from your existing wardrobe to create a perfectly layered look. Make the best use of vests, tanks, cardigans, waist-coats, shrugs, leggings, blazers, belts and scarves.
Picture Courtesy: http://laurenconrad.com/