How To Pull off Monochrome
Monochrome could be an all black and white look or an entire outfit in a single shade. This season, stand out from the bright neon, crazy printed posse and look anything but plain with monochromatic looks. Black and white is an extremely sophisticated colour combination that provides clean and sleek silhouettes. It is suitable for a chic office look and is versatile enough to look stylish even at night.
Here are a few tips on wearing shades of a single colour or taking black and white to a whole new level.
- Keep it simple and minimalistic with few key-pieces lending to the classy feel of monochromes.
- Add textures like sequins, studs and different materials to mix it up.
- Using interesting silhouettes and shapes such as peplum are a sure fire way to ensure your monochromatic outfit is a hit.
- Monochrome looks stand out with polka dots and block stripes.
- Incorporate metallics into your monochromes to add glitz.
- If you’re apprehensive about donning a single shade from head to toe then use prints in the same colour and look super stylish.
- Using light and dark shades of the same colour is the art of this trend, obviously wearing the same hue in the same shade all over would look ridiculous.
- Wearing a single colour from top to bottom gives the illusions of length and helps make anyone look lean.