How To Wear Coloured Pants
Remember laughing about Govinda’s yellow and red pants way back in the ’90s? Well, who would have thought his fashion sense was so ahead of time. Denims and pants in bright hues are here to stay. Having acquired skinnies in colours like cool mints and corals, I realised the intensity of the problem everybody seems to be facing with this trend lately—how do you pair such bright pants without looking like a fashion disaster? It may seem overwhelmingly tricky at first and cause anyone to feel extremely self-conscious. Luckily, it’s not as difficult as it seems. Here are a few tips to keep in mind to carry off this trend looking chic and trendy and get over your fear of dressing your bottoms in anything other than the regular blues and blacks.
Colour-blocking With Mint Pants
- One thing you can try is colour-blocking with your gorgeous new pants. Make sure that your pants and top belong to the same family of colours. For example a pastel pale mint green with a baby pink top can not go wrong.
- Don’t shy away from pairing your vivid bottoms with cute floral printed tops, polka dots or stripes.
- A pretty lace top with striking bold jeans will create a stylish elegance.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match, but don’t go overboard with too many bright colours in one look.
- If you wish to play it safe, stick to neutrals like white, black and grey tops and shirts.
- Add on a blazer to create a touch of sophistication to the ensemble.
- Depending on whether it’s day or night, you can wear ballerinas, cute sandals, heels and wedges—they all look great with these vibrant bottoms.
- A single statement necklace or minimal accessories is all you need to finish off looking trendy and fabulous.
Now that you know how simple it is to include these eye-catching skinnies into your wardrobe, invest in as many pairs as you can. Choose from your favourite colours of the rainbow, you’ll be surprised how good you look in certain shades. Go on, strut those colourful curves with confidence.