How to wear crop tops without revealing too much
Kristen Stewart, Frieda Pinto, Rihanna, Selena Gomez rock the crop top trend
If you’ve got it flaunt it is what most comes to your mind when you think of the crop top trend that is currently doing the rounds. However, most people would be apprehensive about the appropriateness of this these belly-baring tops and not confident enough to pull them off even if you have a great body. With the October heat rising though, I think embracing this trend is not such a bad idea. Here are a few tips on wearing these heat defying tops without having to give an unnecessary skin show and reveal your entire midriff.
- When you’re wearing a sheer top, instead of a slip wear a bright/printed crop top under for a cool style that doesn’t bare your tummy.
- Wear high-waisted jeans, shorts or skirts with it so you reveal less but still look stylish.
- You can wear a fitted tank top under your crop top and play around with styles by choosing colours for a colour-block look or even a tank top in a neutral shade will look good.
- Go flirty vintage with a high-waisted skirt and tie-front top for a look that’s absolutely adorable.
- Layering is quite stylish and a crop top over a tight dress is such a trendy way to do layers. A simple dress can be paired with brightly coloured tops to add some fun to the look. Also, you can wear the dress so many more times with different crop tops to re-invent the look.
- Pick an interesting top like an asymmetric cut or an off-shoulder style that will kick up your look a few notches.
- Pairing a crop top with an asymmetric hemline with a full-length maxi skirt is a great choice. Also, the long skirt will balance the skin on display in the look.