How To Wear Shorts (In the real world where air-brushing doesn’t exist)
Living in a city that gets a lot of rain as well as sunshine along with scorching temperatures, one item that is a fashion essential in every girl’s wardrobe is a great pair of shorts. Contrary to popular belief, shorts can be worn on any type of body type depending on the fit and length. With all the different cuts and styles available, you no longer need to be apprehensive about your legs being on display. So before you decide to venture out in a pair of jeans in the blazing heat or pouring rain, here are a few tips on wearing shorts that will make you want to change your mind and show off those slender legs.
- If you’re petite, the shorter the better to make your legs appear long. If you’re not waif thin, then longer hemlines and high-waisted shorts are more flattering.
- Make sure they’re not too tight on the legs. Shorts that are looser on the legs are always more flattering as well as definitely more comfy.
- If you’re a girly-girl, get yourself a pair of lace shorts. They’re super trendy and a great way to incorporate your personal style.
- Prints are in fashion in a big way, so notch up your style quotient with floral printed or fun quirky printed shorts.
- You can pair printed shorts with printed tops like stripes or polka dots for a bold statement. Mixing prints is a great way to stay on top of the latest trends.
- You can also pair printed shorts with solid or neutral tops and go crazy accessorizing to make the outfit pop.
- For curvy ladies, high-waisted shorts are a great way to accentuate all your assets and are best suited for this body type.
- Throw on a great pair of high-heels or wedges along with your shorts to give that amazing illusion of never-ending legs no matter what your height.
- Add on a blazer for a classy finish. It also helps to ensure there isn’t too much skin on display.
- Most importantly, confidence is key to looking great no matter what the outfit. Hold your head high and strut those shorts knowing you look fabulous.