Wow Your Mango-Loving Guests By Recreating LPQ’s Three-Course Menu
Come summer and everyone’s in the mood for holidays, parties and loads of fun. We hear ya, it can get tough cooking fancy food for guests when you’re entertaining—which is why we have the perfect solution for you.
Thanks to the guys at Le Pain Quotidien, we present to you a lavish three-course meal that will have your guests clamouring for more. Conceptualised by head chef Alain Coumount, this one had us licking our fingers with glee. What’s more, it’s a great way to use the season’s favourite fruit, mango. Read on to know how you can whip up Le Pain Quotidien’s three-course menu for your next party, which is sure to impress even the stodgiest guest.
The Appetiser: Roasted Lemon, Chicken and Mozzarella Tartine
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 2 slices Whole wheat bread
• 120g Chicken breast
• 15g Lemon zest
• 10ml Lemon juice
• 25g Cheddar cheese
• 20g Arugula
• 10g Balsamic vinegar
• 30g Diced mango
• 5g Cucumber slices
• 25g White sauce
• 15g Demi-glace
• 5g Salt
• 3g Pepper
• 10g Scallions
• 5g Green chillies, chopped
• 15ml Olive oil
1. Marinate the chicken breast with lemon zest, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
2. Sear the chicken in a frying pan and finish it off in the oven.
3. Make a white sauce reduction with demi-glace, lemon zest and seasoning.
4. Make salsa with diced mango, scallions, green chillies, salt, pepper and olive oil.
5. Toast the bread and apply some white sauce. Put Cheddar cheese on it and arrange the chicken on top. Add some more white sauce reduction and gratinate it.
6. Finish your tartine with mango salsa, arugula and balsamic pepper
7. Garnish as desired. Serve cold.
The Main: Mango and Red Rice Risotto
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 50g Red rice
• 100ml Vegetable stock
• 10ml Olive oil
• 5g Chopped onion
• 5g Chopped garlic
• 5g Thyme
• 30g Beetroot
• 20g Asparagus
• 20g Parmesan cheese
• 15g Butter
• 50g Diced mangoes
• Arugula and rosemary sprigs to garnish
1. Clean red rice properly, as it can contain a lot of stones.
2. Cook the rice in vegetable stock along with salt.
3. Boil beetroot in a saucepan. Once it’s well boiled, remove the skin and cut into cubes. Marinate it with salt, pepper, olive oil and chopped thyme in the oven.
4. Heat a pan, pour olive oil in it and add chopped onion and garlic. Then add chopped thyme and mix well until the thyme flavor has infused. Finally, add the cooked red rice to the pan and mix well.
5. Keep adding vegetable stock as and when required to let the red rice cook well.
6. Once the red rice is 98% cooked, add the roasted beetroot to the pan and mix well.
7. Add blanched asparagus spears.
8. Finally, add the Parmesan cheese and check for seasoning. Finish with hard butter, mango cubes and chopped parsley.
9. Place the red rice in a pasta plate and garnish it with an arugula leaf, rosemary sprigs and flakes of Parmesan.
The Dessert: Mango Marquise
Preparation time: 3 hours
Cooking time: 45 minutes
• 150g Eggless red velvet sponge
• 150g Whipped cream
• 3 Egg yolks
• 75g Castor sugar
• 15g Gelatine
• 100g Cold glaze
• 25g Liquid glucose
• 100g Mango purée
• 50g White chocolate
• 25g Cooking cream
• 50g Dark chocolate to garnish
1. Cut a thin layer of red velvet sponge and place it on the bottom of a baking mould.
2. Soak gelatine in lukewarm water.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and castor sugar over a double boiler.
4. In another mixing bowl, add whipped cream, white chocolate, egg yolk-sugar mix and half of the gelatine. Mix well.
5. Pour the mixture on top of the velvet sponge and set in the refrigerator.
6. In a mixing bowl, mix cold glaze, mango purée, liquid glucose and the remaining quantity of gelatine. Heat over lukewarm water.
7. Pour the mixture on top of the mousse and set in the refrigerator.
8. Before serving, cut it in the desired shape and put a chocolate slab on top as garnish. Serve cold.
Want to get a taste of the real thing? Visit Le Pain Quotidien this summer for these and more mango specials.
Did you love this post? Sign up now to get all our latest stories delivered straight to your inbox! Tweet to us at @get_inonit.