Lessons On Applying Makeup
Foundation and Concealer:
- Before applying your foundation, make sure to moisturize your face first. A good idea is to mix your moisturizer and foundation in your palm and apply or to get your hands on a tinted moisturizer.
- Using your fingers or a sponge works best when applying foundation. Avoid applying it all over your face to avoid looking cakey. Instead, dab it on problem areas, spots and on your T-zone. Then, blend it all over starting from the middle.
- Add concealer after your foundation. Make sure to dab it on at the under-eye area to hide bags, rather than rubbing it on.
Blusher and Blonzer:
- Choose a shade of blush that isn’t too dark to avoid looking clown-like. Search for one that matches the natural colour of your cheeks when flushed or one that matches your natural lip colour.
- Powdered blushes are a good bet for oily skin. If you’re prone to a dry complexion than liquid blushers would suit you best.
- When applying, look into the mirror and smile so the apples of your cheek pop out and sweep it on over there using your brush for a naturally flushed look.
- For a fresh, youthful appearance, sweep the blush from the apple of your cheeks towards your temple and hairline.
- For a sun-kissed sheen, using a big brush, add bronzer to your forehead, cheeks, nose and cheeks before applying your blush.
- Make sure you have applied concealer to your undereye area before starting your eye makeup.
- You can use liquid liner, an eye pencil or even a dark eye shadow as your eyeliner. Apply it as close to your lash line as possible starting from the inner eye, going outwards. Loads of women have a habit of stretching their eyelid while applying liner which should be avoided as it actually leads to uneven lines. If you like you can line your bottom lashes to, starting from the middle and going outwards
- When it comes to eyeshadows, experts generally use 3 shades of the same colour for a stunning style. Try it with the lightest shade being below the brow, the medium one across your lids and the darkest shade along the creases of your eye. Blend them all in for a natural, smokey finish.
- Next, dip your figer in a highlighter and press it to your inner eyes as well as dab it along your browbone to brighten up your face.
- A rule of thumb you should always follow is to not go heavy on the eye as well as the lips. It’s best to keep one of them natural while the other is played up.
- Some women prefer using a lipliner whenever they apply lipstick and some never use one. Either way is fine, If you do want to use one, then make sure you pick one that is not more than a shade darker than your lipstick. Apply it just outside your natural lipline to give the illusion of fuller lips.
- Next, apply your lipstick using a lip brush or straight from the tube. Relax your lips and part them slightly while applying or smile with your lips closed to ensure you don’t miss out the corners of your lips which is a common mistake for all. Apply lip gloss on top to finish.
- The best trick to avoid getting lipstick on your teeth is to put your finger in your mouth and pull it out so any excess lipstick comes out on it.
Picture Courtesy: http://www.oasismedicalspaandwellness.com