12 Things We Learnt About Surviving Life From Harry Potter
If you’re one of those who has read and re-read the Harry Potter series, and have both secretly and openly thanked God for creating J.K. Rowling, I’m sure these life lessons will be no surprise to you. We figured we’d list them for all the Muggles out there anyway! So here goes.
1. You may want glossy hair and you might have a good heart (deep deep down), but the greasiness from oiling it too often will ensure you never become part of the cool kids. So control the coconut oil!
2. When your enemy attacks you, use the opportunity to make yourself look better.
When Malfoy cursed our gal Hermione, this is what she said, “”Well. . . when I went up to Madam Pomfrey to get them (her teeth) shrunk, she held up a mirror and told me to stop her when they were back to how they normally were,” she said. “And I just. . . let her carry on a bit.”
Oh, and also punch him later!
3. No matter who you are, surrounding yourself with sycophants and idiots may make you feel better. But it certainly won’t make you look better.
4. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, loves the funny guys. So find the humour in situations.
5. The nerdy know-it-all may turn out to be the high school hottie. So be nice!
6. If your mom doesn’t like your hairstyle, because it makes you look like a bad boy, we suggest you keep it. Remember who Bill ended up with?
7. Be creative and imaginative. When Dumbledore met Harry at King’s Cross, he said, “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?”
9. Be kind to those that the rest of your world may not consider the same “class” as you. And remember Dobby, the free elf.
10. It’s only okay to fool around with your best friend’s sister when you’re sure about marrying her.
11. If you squeal on your besties, you WILL turn into a RAT. Remember Scabbers?
12. Inheriting lots of money can be awesome, but nothing beats having the best friends.