The Masterclass: How And What Shade Of Red To Apply On The Lips
Red is synonymous to passion, it’s the color of love and the sexiest shade when it’s painted on your lips, all in all you could say it’s lethal. There are many shades available in the market, but it is important to choose the right shade that suits and complements your skin tone. So here’s the question: which shade of red is right? And how to apply? We are here to help you navigate this hot trend with ease, for Valentine’s Day is near. And we must get our fill of red, right?
Firstly, know your skin tone. Second, find the complementing shades.
If you are fair skinned, coral colored reds will look the best and most beautiful on you. They add the right oomph but without being overpowering.
If your skin tone is medium, i.e. somewhere between fair and dusky, anything from red to cranberry shades will work wonders on your skin and will highlight the gold undertone.
If you are dark or dusky skinned, go for deep red, maroon or burgundy.
Now that you have picked the right shade that complements your skin tones, you now need to know how to apply it right.
- If you want your lipstick to stay longer and not fade out, you need to first apply a small amount of foundation on to your lips. this helps in retaining the color for a longer period of time.
- Take your red lip liner and draw an outline on to your lips.
- After you have achieved the desired shape, fill in the color with the same lip liner.
- Now, to seal it apply the desired shade of red that goes with your skin tone.
There also some donts that we would like to share:
- Do not make it too glossy or shiny
- Do not do very dark eyes
- Do not apply over and under the lips
Hope now you are able to put your inhibitions aside and put on that red lipstick. Live a little.
Did you love this post? [link_popup id='21550' link_text='Sign up now to get all our latest stories delivered straight to your inbox!' name='Subscribe here']