The Most Sexist Tweets To Arise From The Hrithik-Suzanne Rs400Crore Alimony Rumour
It’s official—the Rs 400 crore alimony from the Hrithik Roshan-Suzanne Khan divorce is a rumour. While news reports are gleefully touting this figure and Twitter is abuzz with nasty jokes and tweets, the actor posted a tweet of his own, trashing the rumour.
Fabricated news articles. Demeaning my loved ones. Testing my patience
— Hrithik Roshan (@iHrithik) July 30, 2014
But what really got our goat were the sexist, atrocious and utterly nasty ‘jokes’ being created out of the situation—most notably by women. How quickly has this issue spiralled from a celebrity divorce to a vicious, personal attack on women’s morals.
Here are Twitter’s most sexist tweets. #shameonindia
1. This bitter man has equated a marriage breakup to prostitution. Is that all you see women as, sir?
13yrs of marriage=400 cr. Works out to some 8.5 lac a night.The semblance between the oldest profession & oldest institution is WOW Suzanne — Rajiv B Menon (@crypticrajiv) July 31, 2014
2. This dear, jealous lady thinks nothing of awarding someone she doesn’t know the ‘Greediest Noble <sic> Prize’.
Suzanne calculated amount of “Ek Chutki Sindoor Ki Qeemat” Rs.400Crore. This woman should be awarded as “Greediest Noble Prize” — Shanaya (@Sinceere_Angel) July 31, 2014
3. These unenlightened souls think an ‘independent’ woman shouldn’t be asking for any money from her ex-husband. Never mind that she has kids to take care of and a full-time career to build.
Irony is that a woman (Suzanne Khan) who doesn’t like to be called as ‘dependent’ is demanding Rs. 400 crores in alimony. — Jal Kukdi (@Jal_Kukdi) July 30, 2014
4. This lovely man has made even this into a religious issue. SMH.
5. While this one equates her to a dog. How much of your personal wealth are you willing to donate to the poor, sir?
While horrendously ugly Suzanne with strange dog-eyes gets 400 crores, people die of starvation in India — Prabal (@prabaI1978) July 31, 2014
6. Of course, the country’s favourite punching bag Sonia Gandhi wasn’t left far behind in an issue that had no remote connection to her.
What is difference between Suzanne and Sonia Gandhi ? One divorced to loot the husband & the second married to loot the nation — Kadwa sach (@AmitVaani) July 31, 2014
7. Some choice adjectives used to describe a lady they haven’t ever met/spoken to.
Suzanne proved that women always selfish and responsible towards finished talent! — Sunil Samanta (@sunil_samanta) July 31, 2014
Suzanne news is so depressing. Classic case of a woman squeezing too hard just cos she has got him by his nuts! — Greater fool (@abhishek4me) July 31, 2014
8. And finally, this lady who is quick to judge another and brand her an extortionist.
— Deepika Bhardwaj (@DeepikaBhardwaj) July 31, 2014
Images courtesy: ibn, pinkvilla