Fashion Police: Verdict on Oscars 2014 Red Carpet
Yes, we know Leo DiCaprio didn’t win this year either (not that we’re complaining about the hottie Matthew McConaughey). And while we are speculating on the results for the awards, we can’t help but get back on our fashion police duty to bring the best and worst dressed at Oscars 2014.
We don the police hat and bring to you our verdict on the red carpet glitterati. Take a look at our favourites.
1. Lupita Nyong’o: From the Golden Globes to SAG, this red carpet diva has been ruling our heart. Here, she rocks the newest minty pastel trend in powder blue Prada gown. Oh-so-ethereal!
2. Jennifer Lawrence: JLaw is all everyone is talking about; powerful acting with killer looks is a total win in Hollywood. For Oscars she went classic and wore a Dior Couture orange-red peplum. So hot!
3. Sandra Bullock: The gravity actress makes our jaws drop in this midnight blue Alexander McQueen tie-up gown. The colour may not be ‘in’ but she pulls it off like nobody’s business.
4. Kate Hudson: Kate gets a melange of high fashion and classic styles at the red carpet. She wore an Atelier Versace gown that is gorgeous and subtly sultry. We adore the shoulder detail and fabric flow.
We hate to do this, but what’s fashionably wrong has to be, well, corrected. Check out why these celebs need to invest in a better stylist.
1. Julia Roberts: This pretty woman’s smile wins many hearts across the world, but her fashion sense not so much. We’re not sure what’s happening in this Givenchy gown – lace, peplum and tuxedo collar? Nah!
2. Julie Deply: We won’t deny that sheer is in fashion, but Ms. Deply makes it look so last season. The bejewelled gown doesn’t flatter her figure or impress us.
3. Naomi Watts: Yawn! That’s all we feel when we see Naomi’s plain white Calvin Klein dress. The fit, the fabric or the fall, nothing impresses us.
4. Penelope Cruz: This exotic beauty is irresistible on the screen, but on the red carpet, we beg to differ. It’s almost like a pink cloth tied with a black ribbon, and the hair – not so impressive.
5. Jada-Pinkett-Smith: Style, fit, fabric – no, just NO! Mrs. Smith looks like an over athletic Disney Princess in this flowy dress and dull hair style. This gown doesn’t suit her height or body, and what is that we see, – a cape! The accessories don’t steal the show either.
What do you think of these celeb looks? Have we missed out on any? Drop us a comment and let us hear you out.
Did you love this post? [link_popup id='21550' link_text='Sign up now to get all our latest stories delivered straight to your inbox!' name='Subscribe here']