Trend Alert: Plaid It Up
Plaid has been around for years but it has quickly become one of the hottest trends of the season with major design houses like Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs and Micheal Kors as well as plenty of celebs favouring the plaid patterns. Tartan yourself up for Fall/Winter by wearing the traditional pattern in unique ways by mixing and matching.
What was once a classic pattern for shirts and menswear, can now be found on anything from dresses and skirts to shoes and accessories. Available in silks, sequins and more, you’ve probably spotted the traditional Scottish print at your fave high-street brands already. Just like monochrome was last winter, plaid is a must-have in your closets this season.
There are so many ways to wear this trendy checkered print, it’s perfect for playing around with your style. From grunge, to androgynous to preppy and girly- you can try it all! Earlier used as a classic pattern for school uniforms, it can now bring a trendy and naughty charm to your ensemble, here are a few cool ways you can wear the trend.
Different Ways To Style Plaid
- Pair a smart plaid shirt with a short leather skirt to turn up the heat à la Priyanka Chopra.
- Layer a cute sweater on top of a plaid shirt and pair with skinny jeans or a skirt for a trendy and fuss-free style.
- For an ultra preppy and on-trend outfit, pair a cute lace top with a plaid skirt.
- The most classic grunge look would be to casually wrap a tartan shirt around your waist for a classic 90’s vibe.
- Plaid pants or leggings are handy to have in your closet and can be worn with just about anything and can be dressed up and down with heels and flats
- Wear a plaid shirt on top of a bodycon dress and knot it at the waist for a relaxed but totally chic outfit.
- A checkered shirt can be thrown on top of just about anything to punk it up.
- Belt your oversized plaid shirt at the waist and pair with leggings, skinny jeans or a skirt for a chic twist to the classic style.
- Mix your plaid with floral prints for a to rock a girly glam effect.
- A tartan shirt, leggings and boots are the perfect choice for comfy, effortless style.
- You can embrace the trend in subtle ways by injecting some coolness into your look with a plaid scarf, shoes or a bag.
- Your tartan shirt can be worn with any type of skirt, maxi, midi or mini.
With so many ways to wear it, this pattern is definitely worth the investment. So easy to style, even a tartan shirt, skinny jeans and a cropped leather jacket can earn you plenty of style points this winter. We can’t wait to load up on these checks and plaid it up this season.