A Recap of The Most Bizarre Fashion Seen on The Runway In 2013
We try and follow runway fashion trends, and we do of course know that not all that is showcased is wearable. Even so, at times we are presented with such bizarre looks that we are not sure how to react at all. Fashion connoisseurs call it Avant Garde but we call it just plain weird. Here is a round-up of some looks on the runway that make us think they were pulled right out of Lady Gaga’s wardrobe.
1. Caged trench coat: With a mask and a trench coat made of ropes, we’re feeling suffocated already.
2. Belt dress: Height of discomfort! We totally sympathize with the model who struts (tries to) on the ramp wearing this.
3. A Royal pain: A McQueen design, fashion fanatics must have guessed it! Known for his quirky style, this princess dress is however turning out to be a royal pain.
4. Crystallized: From the fall winter 2013 ready-to-wear collection. The question is, “Are you ready-to-wear this?”
5. Dripping paint tights: Will somebody lend her a towel so she can clean up this mess?
6. Eye ball shoes: Yes, we do like to enhance our height with heels, but these just look like a craft project gone wrong.
7. Go green lipstick: Green lip shade by Dolce & Gabbana can make anyone go green with envy. Really?
8. Mule Wedges by Alexander Wang: We have no idea how we would possibly walk in these. Definitely not made for wearing.
9. Chanel hula hoop bag: Oh, for the love of big bags! When asked Karl Lagerfeld “Why?”, he said “It’s for the beach.”
You need space for the beach towel, huh? Well this one will fit your beach umbrella too. How very thoughtful.
10. Feather girl: Forget the elephant in the room. Looks like Geremy Scott decided to present to us the elephant-sized chicken in the room.
11. Blooming-gals: Garden of roses was created by Thom Browne. Anyone want to take a walk in this?
12. Seasons: Can you imagine two seasons together? Well, here’s a little bit of help. It’s sumter/winmer, whatever you prefer, in this world.
13. Some breakfast: After all, we are what we eat. Right?
If you spot something even more outrageous that you saw in the year 2013, feel free to share. Till then, au revoir!