Recipes: Two Delicious Fish Dishes You Can Make At Home
With the heavy and unreliable monsoon, most people tend to give up on seafood. But we walk a different path. We want to encourage everyone to enjoy seafood; whether in the restaurant or cooking at home.
So here is making it simple for everyone who is cooking at home to enjoy some delicious seafood dishes, recipes from top restaurants in Mumbai city.
Grilled Barramundi in Kasundi Mustard Cream Sauce
500 gms Barramundi Fish steaks or thick pieces of filleted fish
Salt to taste
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garam masala
3 tbsp melted butter or oil
1 tbsp kasundi mustard
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
1. Spread out the fish and sprinkle adequately on both sides with salt and then with the black
pepper, turmeric, cayenne, and garam masala. Pat the spices in and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the grill or broiler (on high).
3. Dribble half the melted butter or oil over one side of the fish pieces.
4. Grill them about 4 inches from the heat source for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are just starting to brown.
5. Mix the kasundi mustard and cream. Divide into 3 parts. Baste the fish with one part of the mustard cream.
6. Grill for another 2 minutes or so until the fish is golden brown.
7. Turn the pieces over and repeat the process, first with a brushing of butter or oil and then with one part of the kasundi mustard and cream mixture.
8. Serve hot with kasundi mustard cream drizzled on top and the lemon wedges.
Char Grilled Salmon with Gremolata
Salmon steak 250 gm
Mix herbs 5 gm
Chopped onion 10 gm
Celery chopped 10 gm
Garlic 10 gm
Lemon 1 no
Parsley 5 gm
Paprika 5 gm
Cream 20 ml
Salt 5 gm
Olive oil 10 ml
Pepper 5 gm
Zucchini 15 gm
Broccoli 15 gm
Bell pepper 15 gm
Garlic toast 2 no
1. Marinate salmon steak with salt pepper and herbs. Rest for few hours.
2. Cook on charcoal grill skin side down. Turn after 2 min to cook evenly.
3. Heat olive oil in the pan, add garlic, onion, celery. Sauté well.
4. Add béchamel seasoning and paprika powder.
5. Serve Salmon steak with grilled vegetables and paprika cream sauce, garnished with herbs.
6. Put gremolta mixture on top (chopped garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt ).
Credits to Chef Nachiket Shetye of 36 Oak & Barley for the recipe of Grilled Barramundi in Kasundi Mustard Cream Sauce and Chef Rajesh Ratna of Escobar for the recipe of Char Grilled Salmon with Gremolata.