Timeless Style Inspiration from Hitchcock’s Movies
If you’re tired of all the Great Gatsby themed parties, we recommend you move to one of our favorites, Alfred Hitchcock’s movies. Alfred Hitchcock has defined thriller movies in Hollywood by bringing glamour into suspense; his leading ladies are now iconic fashion figures like Grace Kelly and Tippy Hedren. The costumes designed by Edith Head have become a style inspiration for many known designers, an incredible style that captures elegance and sophistication. As fall is already here, it feels perfectly right to dress like one of his iconic heroines. These ladies were a big inspiration for fashion during the 50s and 60s.
Inspiration on the runway
We have seen Hitchcock fashion continue to inspire designers all the way till 2013. Some notable collections inspired by Hitchcock Fashion:
1. Alexander McQueen’s 2005 collection ‘The man who knew too much ‘ inspired by Hitchcock heroines
2. Alice Temperley’s autumn/winter 2013 collection ’byrds’ inspired by Hitchcock’s heroine Hedren.
3. Brands like Prada, Calvin Klein and Aquilano Rimondi in different shows over the years.
So for the next time that you set yourself to unravel a new mystery, here’s how you dress in the right way and feel like one of Hitchcock’s glamorous heroines.
1. Classic lady-like look: A defining waist line, tight fitting pencil skirt and dresses.
2. Dramatic detailing: The beautiful red lace and tulle, 3/4 sleeve and flounce skirt.
3. The tailored monochrome look: Black and white color combination dresses worn by Grace Kelly in ‘the rear window’.
4. Feminine and Sexy Nightwear: Silk nighties worn by Grace Kelly in Dial M for Murder.
5. Lady-like accessories: A pair of white gloves, black sunglasses and a scarf.
6. Hairstyle-Neatly done, high up-do.
7. Red Lips: Natural make-up with just a swipe of red lipstick.