Tarun Tahiliani Speaks to InOnIt On His Collection For Lakme Fashion Week
Tonight is the night! Lakme Fashion Week Summer/ Resort 2014 will witness it’s very first show preceding a week full of fashion and style. Tomorrow the madness will officially begin, finally. While we’re excited about Tarun Tahiliani closing Day 1 of LFW, we are still anxious to know more.
And for all you curious minds and anxious hearts, here’s Tarun Tahiliani talking about his collection, show stopper, trends and more!
1) Can you describe your collection and the inspiration behind it?
The Spring Summer Collection 2014 sets out to recreate the same sense of wonder. Using myriad ideas – from sorbet colours to arcane techniques with emphasis on prêt a porter, it focuses on exquisite separates and ready to wear silhouettes.
2) What is the importance of having a celeb show stopper? Who will be show stopping for you this season?
I think it adds glamour to the show. Let my show stopper be a surprise!
3) Which summer trends can we see in your collection?
A lot of light colours and easy to wear garments. The collection comes through with the extensive use of levels, panels and layering.
4) How do you feel Lakme Fashion Week has evolved over the years?
It’s become a nice mix of designers. It allows new upcoming designers to showcase their talent in front of a large audience.
5) Which are the colors of Summer 2014?
Black and white, indigo mustard and fuchsia.
6) Which actress carries off Tarun Tahiliani ensemble most stylishly?
Shilpa Shetty, Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif
Have something to say?