8 Ways to Wear Glitter Eye Makeup EVERYDAY (With 2 Easy Tutorials)
Lakme Fashion Week recently concluded, giving us a host of fashion and beauty looks to try. One of the makeup ideas we totally loved was using glitter with your makeup. But is it really possible to wear glitter as an adult? Would it look too strange? Not if you apply it correctly!
In fact, you can use this new sparkle trend in your daily, casual makeup, too. Surprised? We give you easy tips to use a touch of glitter to brighten up your everyday look.
1. Stick to the eyes: Remember, this is a casual makeup. You don’t want glitter on your cheeks and lips when heading to work; it will look like you’re headed for a Christmas party.
2. Don’t apply glitter last: Whether you’re using a sparkle gel eyeliner or loose powder, glitter can get very messy and fall on your face or clothes. Apply the makeup after you are done with the base, but before you wear your clothes or do your hair.
3. Choose the right shade: You can use subtle shades like silver or gold for daily wear. If you want to experiment with colour, try deep blue or rich pink instead of bright neons. The shade of your glitter will make all the difference to your face.
4. Always mix with black: Use black eyeliner or pencil along with your glitter eyeliner to sober down the bright look.
5. Use the right tools: Use a light sponge to apply your glitter eye shadow and a fan brush to wipe off the excess colour and glitter from your eyes. Learn more about makeup brushes here.
6. Concealer is your best friend: If you have severe dark circles or puffy eyes, stay away from glitter as it will highlight your flaws. Keep a concealer handy when applying glitter makeup.
7. The Cellotape Trick: Glitter may fall across your face when you are trying to remove it at night. Use a tape to remove small flecks of glitter powder from your face.
8. Use at the places you want to brighten: Use the glitter eyeliner over the edges for a day look. Apply the liner and shadow at the inner beginning of your eyelid and the outer, where you have your cat-eyeliner flick. This will open up your eyes.
Still not sure how to go about it? Check out these two simple tutorials.
a. Try this if you want to go for a light brunch with your friends
b. Go for this style of makeup if you wish to head for a formal day event or a daily office look.
Do try the glitter style and let us know your feedback.
Love this post? Subscribe now.
Images courtesy: beautypointofview.com, beautypointofview.com