13 Wardrobe Tricks You Must Know
Every fashionista has some wardrobe tricks up her sleeve, be it adding sequined embellishments to her plain shoes, or ripping her old jeans to give them a new look. Some are secrets passed on over the years by mothers to their daughters. They might sound funny but give it a shot, you’d be surprised to know that they actually work!
1. If you don’t have time to try on jeans in the store, try what we call “the Neck Method”. You can determine your size by placing the waistline of the jeans around the diameter of your neck. If the waistline of the pant comfortably meets at back of your neck, then the jeans will fit.
2. Always organize your clothes going light to dark from left to right in your closet. Your eye will follow the color and thus help you stay organized.
3. Never put your swimwear in the washing machine, and always hand dry. The machine will damage the suit and it will lose its elasticity. First rinse in cold water and then hand-wash with hot water.
4. Don’t wear a garment immediately after ironing, as this can actually cause new wrinkles to form. Let it sit for five minutes to set the press.
5. Use hairspray to remove a lipstick stain.
6. To remove watermarks from leather boots, add a few drops of vinegar to a bowl of cool water and scrub the stains with a soft bristle brush . Let them dry overnight.
7. If you don’t feel like trying on a dress but still want to judge if it fits, align the shoulder seam exactly with your shoulder bone (not collarbone).
8. If you get an oil stain on your favourite handbag, coat the mark with baby powder and let it stand overnight. By morning, the stain should be gone.
9. To stop Angora or mohair from shedding, fold the garment and place it into a zip-top bag and freeze it for at least three hours.
10. Wash new jeans twice before taking them to the tailor for alteration. Why? Because jeans will always shrink in length when washed.
11. If you stain your clothes with red wine, use white wine or table salt to remove it.
12. Avoid fading your dark wash jeans by adding distilled vinegar to the last washing cycle.
13. Never dry a wet shoe with heat. Let it dry naturally in open air. Heat will dry out leather and the lifespan of the shoe will be cut in half.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article, and discovered some new tricks. Do share these with your friends as well.