Wendell Rodricks Speaks On His Trunk Show At Atosa
This is the first time Wendell Rodricks will be showcasing in Mumbai post receiving the coveted Padmashree Award, and it’s all gonna happen at Aparna Badlani’s Atosa.
Inspired by Africa, the Goa based designer will be showcasing his collection “The Source of Youth” at the Trunk Show from March 6th to 8th. Want to know more about the collection? Get it straight from the horse’s mouth as Wendell Rodricks speaks about the Trunk show, spring/summer trends and more.
1) What is the inspiration behind your collection? Why is it called “The Source of Youth”?
The inspiration is the youth, the promise that the new generation brings with it. A fresh perspective.
2) Which African elements have you incorporated into your collection?
The African elements that are more prominent would be the colours, the ease and flow of the fabrics and silhouettes. Fabric has been textured to look handcrafted and shimmering.
3) Five trends that will be major this spring/summer.
4) Which actress do you think is high on style quotient in Bollywood?
It is definitely Sonam Kapoor!
5) What inspired you to put up a Trunk Show at Atosa? What should one look forward to from the show?
Atosa, from the time of its inception has been associated with the label. There is tremendous synergy between the clothes and the store aesthetics and what better place to show at other than the heart of the city, Bandra!
Can’t wait for this one!
Did you love this post? [link_popup id='21550' link_text='Sign up now to get all our latest stories delivered straight to your inbox!' name='Subscribe here']