What’s Baking? It’s Chocolate Pudding Day!
All you chocoholics out there – Mark your calendars! June 26th is Chocolate Pudding Day (we really feel there should be holiday for this!)- and Parfait’s Smriti Mehra has been kind enough to share a recipe from her kitchen.
- 250ml Milk
- 250ml Cream
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg/ 1 vanilla pod
- 5 Eggs
- 125gms Sugar
- 1 Small loaf, sliced and cut into triangles.
- Melted butter
- 50 gms Sultanas (optional), Soaked in Rum, Contrieau.
- Chocolate a handful
- Icing Sugar
- Apricot Glaze
1) Heat the milk, cream and nutmeg/vanilla pod in a pan.
2) Whisk the eggs & sugar (castor) together until pale. Pour the hot milk/cream mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly to combine. Return to the pan.
3) Brush the the bread triangles with melted butter. Arrange a layer of bread in the bottom of an oven dish and sprinkle over some Sultanas( optional) along with chocolate. Repeat the layers until the dish is filled. Pour the warm custard over the bread and allow to soak the bread for at least 30 minutes.
4) Place the oven dish in a Bain Marie and cook at 160c for 30-40 minutes, until the custard is set. Caramelise the top with a little icing sugar and brush over the apricot ghaze.
Serve with either vanilla ice cream, creme fraishe …best eaten when warm.
More about Parfait: With a kitchen dedicated solely to her craft and a passion for perfection, Smriti Mehra has created soul stirring treats, made with lots of tender loving care, served to your heart’s delight. Exclusivity is Parfait’s hallmark. Everything is made to order, keeping in mind your tastes. Nothing is off-the-shelf. From the finest ingredients to the best cutlery and crockery, all are personally handpicked by Smriti. So, go ahead, order, take a sinful trip