Must Follow Hair Rituals This Winter
Whether you like it or not, winter is here to invade your beauty rituals. What’s the best plan of action then? Be prepared to fight frizzy, dull, lifeless hair with our expert tips winter hair care.
Keep Your Hair Wash to a Minimal
If you are habituated to washing your hair everyday, this has to stop right now. There’s a simple logic to it, the more you wash your hair, the more natural oils you lose, resulting in increased dryness. Also, do not forget to condition it, every time you do wash it.
Minimize the Use of Hairdryers / Hair Iron
You love styling, curling or doing whatever makes your hair look fabulous, but there is a catch involved here. All the normal methods of styling use a ton of heat and are responsible in causing increased dryness. This will result in reduced natural shine and you will notice that when you wash your hair, it has become increasingly rough.
Deep Conditioning Weekly
To moisturize, use deep conditioning. This helps in retaining the moisture (that causes breakage of hair) that is lost due to the freezing wind. If you want to skip the parlor and be frugal, you can do this at home too. Here are the steps:
1. Wash your hair well, apply your normal conditioner
2. Apply the deep conditioning product; it’s available with almost every beauty brand. Apply it well all over till the ends (not on the scalp)
3. Cover your hair with a shower cap. Deep conditioning is a long process as it needs to sink in your roots.
4. Now what you need is heat to lock the moisture. Take a hair dryer and with low heat, spread it all over your covered head.
5. Do it till it’s warm and not very hot as you don’t want to melt the plastic. Now, rinse it off.
Do this at least once a week during the winter, and bid adieu to dull, lifeless hair.
Oil Your Hair Regularly
Oiling is another way to protect your tresses from dryness and breakage. You may be using natural coconut or olive oil which is perfect, but here’s another interesting alternative. If you want deeper moisturizing, this is what you can try:
Nourishing hair mask recipe:
1. Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
2. Olive oil – 2 tbsp
3. Honey – 1 tbsp
Combine all the ingredients well and heat for about 2-3 minutes. Once done, apply on your hair. Tie it up in a bun or cover it with a plastic wrap. After an hour, rinse it well. This should be done at least once a week for better results.
If you follow these above rituals, we’re sure you’ll have lustrous, beautiful and healthy hair this winter.